Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Sharing my hydrangeas


I truly think the right name was picked for these hydrangeas!
I wonder how they come up with the names? They never ask me, I know that! lol

INVINCIBELLE SPIRIT...perfect fitting name for these gorgeous flowers!

From the day I planted them they have grown leaps and bounds every year.


I purchased them on clearance a few years ago for $5 a bush instead of $24.
I wish now that I had purchased every single one they had.

{Click on this link to read a great article of how these flowers came to be}
It is very interesting!


They grow tall and lush for me in my black Michigan soil.




The sun was really bright on the above photo thus it looks washed out.
They really are as bright as the previous photos.



Do you see a running theme in my flowers?
Lots of PINK...I love pink flowers.






I hope you are having a great week. The temps here are gorgeous for the next couple
days. Not too hot and not too cold. Just perfect.

I love summer when it isn't scorching hot!! I am not one for liking hot weather
at all. I guess it is a good thing that I don't live down south.

How are your flowers doing? I would love to know.

7 comments:

julie - eab designs said...

The pink blooms are just gorgeous Sandy! The DC area is under a heat wave and my beautiful english garden roses are now suffering, so it's nice to wake up and see your beautiful garden! Our hydrangea trees will soon be blooming and, thankfully, they do well in this summer heat.

Jeanie said...

Still waiting for the big blooms but they're in slightly-bigger-than-bud form! Yours are absolutely fantastic!

Junkchiccottage said...

Beautiful Sandi and love the color. You must have really rich soil to have them be so pink. Hydrangeas are my faves. I just cannot seem to get them to grow here where I live. I have tried them for the last few years and they just do not like the soil here I guess. Yours are just beautiful.
Kris

Julie Marie said...

Ooooh Sandi, your gardens are just beautiful!... love your hydrangeas and those impatiens!... hope you are enjoying a beautiful Summer... it is hot here now, almost 100 degrees already... sending much love, xoxo... Julie Marie

Seawashed said...

They are such a unique color. So lovely. The name is perfect. I have not had any luck growing hydrangeas here. I have tried so many times but only one plant has lived. It is three yrs old now but has not had any flowers for the past two years. The leaves are green and it has grown but no flowers.

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

Gorgeous blossoms! Love the picture in the basket. Thank you for sharing. ; )
~Michele

June said...

LOVED THIS! Your plantings and hydrangeas are such a beautiful sight for me today Sandi! It's always a joy to see what you have been doing over there in your beautiful part of the country. It seems like we've been blogging a long time doesn't it? and every time I visit here, I see something lovely.
sending hugs...