Friday, June 21, 2013

The experiment on my kitchen wall...


...turned out great and I am very happy with the results!

One night laying in bed with my mind going a million miles an hour {as usual} this idea popped into my head. Don't have a clue from whence it came, but at any rate it came and it was there to stay. This is my french style script wall...I love how it turned out. What do you think?? I tried to take pics along the way {some are not very good at all} so I can share the tutorial with you.  Hopefully I can do that soon.


I wanted a statement wall that wasn't like all the others in the room and I think I achieved that look. :)


Still loving it...:)


I found this lone peony yesterday on one of my bushes. It was the only flower this year I think so I picked her, named her "Luscious" and brought her inside for a photo shoot.



I added some old bottles around her and start snapping away.



These photos are probably kind of redundant, but I think they vary a tad bit. lol



I really need to learn how to concentrate on all the little details when taking my photos. You can't even tell that the number on the peony jar is *82*. Working on that in my head. :)



Please do tell me what you think of the wall. The picture isn't the whole wall because there is above the window yet off to the right and then down the other side, but I got it all done!! YAY!! A labor of love I will say and I sure love it. Will be working on window treatment next and not totally sure of that so keep tuned for further updates. {lol}
Happy weekend!!

{still LOVING my high speed!!}

10 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Oooh Sandi!... I LOVE your wall!... you come up with the most beautiful things... and in the middle of the night even!... it turned out fabulous... love "Luscious" too... so pretty, and all of your vintage bottles are just gorgeous... can't wait to see what you think of next in the middle of the night!... I sometimes lay awake and ponder changes in my home as well... yours turned out stunning!... xoxo Julie Marie

Irene said...

You are the bravest person I know. I love your wall, but I'm sure I'd have been very nervous about doing it. How did you do it? I'm anxious to see your window treatment. I have not curtains up in my living room or dining room, just can't seem to get to doing it. Love Luscious.

Karla @Art Whisper said...

How fun! Last year I refinished a dresser by putting old love letters on the fronts of each drawer. Now I want a wall like yours. It's nice meeting you as I just found you lovely site.

Warm regards,
Karla

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love the wall. Very unique, and it makes a beautiful backdrop.

Donna said...

The wall treatment is lovely and the photo shoot results are dreamy!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That wall is just awesome! So unique--I am really impressed!

julie - eab designs said...

Your wall is like an ancient fresco. Beautiful! And I love the peony photos. I just made it my desk top photo!

diane said...

I absolutely LOVE the wall ... OMG!
How clever and creative.
I soooo need to convince my husband to let me do this in one of the rooms!
Thanks for sharing!
:-D

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

**LOVE** the wall Sandi!!

Lady Pamela said...

Hi Sandi,
I sure can tell you have been enjoying your new high speed. I see you Pinning lately. lol
*Smiles*