Friday, June 28, 2013

Shutter finally up and a WINNER!



I have still been working in the kitchen ,but seem to be pulled in fifty different directions lately so it is taking longer than I would like. The lighting here today is not good at all  either so it is what it is.

  Hubby attached these brackets to the wall for me to hang my shutter on.  Remember in a previous post how the shutter was just nailed flat against the window as a valance? I have had it that way for several years and although I still love the shutter up there, it was time for a slight change and I love it!!


I got 20 of these *chippy, shabby, grungy* brackets at the Peacock park warehouse sale last year for free! From what I understand they were originally table legs,but I love them as brackets! We also used them on a shelf in the kitchen, but I will keep that for another post.


Next project will be working on some type of curtains for underneath the shutter. I have an idea brewing in my head so we will see how that turns out. I have to have something here because the sun just beats in as it is on the west side of the house. {please ignore the clutter ...this place has been clutter city for a few weeks since I took on this project, but it will all be okay in the end right?? lol}



My collection of pretty vintage silver spoons ~


okay...now to the winner of the vintage strawberry boxes...drum roll please....

  I used a random number generator and these cutie pie boxes are going to be winging their way to

SARA of SWEET MAGNOLIAS FARM

Congratulations Sara!! I think I have your address, but please get it to me just in case and I will get these in the mail next week. I also wanted to share them with more than one person so I choose a couple more names to send ONE box each to. They will go to Trisha and  Dawn so please send me your address ladies :)


Happy weekend everyone!! 

5 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Oooh Sandi, I LOVE your shutter!!!... now I want one above the window in my kitchen nook!... I also love your vintage spoons in that spoon holder... I recently went to a church rummage sale here and bought an old spoon holder like that for 50 cents!... now I want to paint it white and hang all my vintage spoons in it too... you are so full of inspiration!... congrats to all your winners!... xoxo Julie Marie

Trisha said...

Oh how exciting that you chose my name! Thank you! I will send my address over right away. Love the shutter, what a great idea!

~Trisha

Donna said...

I love your new window treatment! And congratulations to the winner!

Sweet Magnolias Farm said...

Oh My heavens Sandi .. Thank You so much .. I'm so so excited to have won the strawberry boxes ..! I never win anything .. boy am I thrilled !!!

And that shutter over the window is just so so cute .. !!! I can't wait to get a more permanent home where we can finally make it cute like you and so many of the other gals do !

Hugs ..Sara

Sweet Magnolias Farm said...

Oh My heavens Sandi .. Thank You so much .. I'm so so excited to have won the strawberry boxes ..! I never win anything .. boy am I thrilled !!!

And that shutter over the window is just so so cute .. !!! I can't wait to get a more permanent home where we can finally make it cute like you and so many of the other gals do !

Hugs ..Sara