Friday, June 14, 2013

Old wallpaper, roses and HIGH SPEED!!

Am I ever amazed today or what?? HIGH SPEED finally came to Buckeye Road yesterday! Where it took me literally an hour or longer to upload THREE photos to  my blog before, they are here in a flash now. I LOVE IT!! I still have no idea how to start a new paragraph on this MAC, but hey we will work with what we have for now. I see a new computer in the very near future. ha! Don't know how to watermark my photos on here either so hopefully no one will swipe them for their own.

I have been removing old wallpaper in the kitchen this week and just happened to set a pitcher of my beautiful old fashioned roses on the shelf. I loved the old and torn paper for a background. Thinking I should have left it this way and not re-papered just for photo ops. :)

Roses, old wallpaper and a camera...it doesn't get much better than that does it? *smile*

I just LOVE these roses! The bush was here when we moved onto the property over 32 years ago and since then I have dug up starts and planted them here and there around the property and they grow just fine! I need to start some more this year.



Roses always look nice in frenchy style buckets along side a hat from the Goodwill. :)

This is the bush that started it all.

The fragrance of these roses is just heavenly. They sure don't make them like they used to anymore. Today I am so very thankful for my divinely fragrant roses and my high speed!!! :) What are you thankful for?

22 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Yay Sandi!... I am sooo happy you can get high speed now!... I am not as patient as you have been and probably would have given up on dial up... sooo excited for you!... and your Roses are stunning!... they look like my Gertrude Jekyll... is that what they are?... your photos of them in the vintage pitcher with your old wallpaper are just DREAMY!!!!! Wow, I love that look!... wishing you a beautiful weekend sweet friend, xoxo Julie Marie

marie said...

Yay for High Speed! It makes blogging even more fun!! Your photos are beautiful...I LOVE the first one!!!

Unknown said...

my roses are i full boom as well. yours are lovely! ;)

Irene said...

Love your roses against your wallpaperless wall, looks so good. Not a bad idea to leave one for photo ops. Tell me how you do the clippings to start a new rose, please, my mom use to do it and I for the life of me am not so successful. I'm thankful for good friends, like you.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Good news all around! I WISH your photos were mine. They're breathtaking today! Gorgeous, gorgeous pitcher of roses. I agree about the backdrop. Looks fantastic! Yay for high speed!

Deborah said...

Beautiful photos :) love the peeling wallpaper too! have a happy weekend sweetie

Bee happy x

Deborah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Faded Charm said...

So happy for you! I know you've wanted it for a while now and your photos are just gorgeous!!!

I have a wild rose bush that was on our property when we first moved here as well, but mine are white. They are the most fragrant roses ever and it is just loaded with blooms right now.....it's the simple things in life:-)

Enjoy your weekend.

xoxo
Kathleen

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I LOVE high speed! I got it this year too!
Love your rose bush. I have 2 that are generations old. One pink one white! From my Grandma and Great Grandma and they also smell Divine!!
Warmly,
deb

Bente said...

Beautiful. Love the roses

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Those photos are just beautiful. Love those roses. So happy you have high speed internet now--I am not patient so I would never be able to handle waiting for pictures to load. Must have been so frustrating! Enjoy being fast :)

Victorian1885 said...

Congratulations on getting your high speed internet. I would be lost without it as I don't have very good patience for downloading. ; )
Your roses are beautifully photographed for you post today. Thank you for sharing.

Sweet Magnolias Farm said...

Welcome to High Speed Sandi .. LOL ! .. There's a whole new world waiting for you now .. and I can only say you must be a woman of amazing patience to have only been able to have the dial up all these year in your neck of the woods. So happy for you ..and those roses are heavenly .. such beauty !

Have a Great weekend ..
Sara

Donna said...

Your photos and roses and gorgeous! Oh, I bet the roses smell terrific too. Congrats on getting high-speed! You'll love it.

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Your roses are AMAZING!!!! And you definitely need to leave that wall as it. It is such a gorgeous spot for your roses.

~Shanon

Regina said...

Glad you got high speed, I had no idea it took that long to load photos. I don't have a blog, but love to read yours, and admire your photos, So pretty. Saying a prayer for your granddaughter and the others.

countrycharisma said...

Thankful for roses too! And so much more, and the blessings that surround us abounding! Your roses and photos are gorgeous.

Sandi said...

testing...

Heaven's Walk said...

Ok......STOP what you're doing, Sandi! Don't wallpaper that wall! It looks FABULOUS just like it is!!! Really!!!! I adore that old, vintagey look it has now! :) Your roses look so beautiful there, and that rosebush.....amazing!!!

xoxo laurie

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Glad you are up to speed girlfriend!!
These photos are just gorgeous and I'm so glad you made a new header out of them (although I always love any header you put together)!!

tree said...

Wow, what a jaw-dropping post. So lovely!

Unknown said...

Hi Sandi, these photos are so gorgeous they took my breath away. Thank you for sharing!

BTW, I was just looking at photos of the old Damask rose 'Bella Donna' and it looks like yours. It's a long-shot but...maybe? http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.575&tab=1