Saturday, February 16, 2013

Treasures found ~


I have picked up a few treasures here and there in the past few weeks and thoroughly enjoyed  each
and every  moment of the *treasure hunt*.  Sometimes it takes a long time to find something
that speaks to my heart, but when it does I know it instantly.


Aren't these the greatest books ever?? I love them!!

I found several gorgeous pieces of lace and three of them had vintage rhinestones already attached.
I have never seen that before, but I love it! I also found spools for 30 cents each and picked out a
few. I may have to get some more...:)


I fell in love with this SILK ribbon instanty. It is so soft and the perfect color .


I love all the pieces together.


I couldn't go home without this Italian postcard. Isn't it sweet? 


I was in pure heaven when I found this chair at the Goodwill this past week! I was in line to
pay for a couple items, glanced beside me and there was this chair!!! I knocked a few people
over
trying to get at it  grabbed it right away! Truthfully, no one was even giving it a second
glance and am I ever glad! It now resides in my bedroom. Perfection I say...:)

What have you found lately ?

17 comments:

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

What lovely things you found! SO nice to have a PSE (positive shopping experience)!

Hugs,
Judy

Donna said...

Lovely treasures! And I think I would have gotten in a wrestling match with you for that chair, LOL.

Donna Wilkes said...

Lovely lace with the rhinestones - I have never seen that either. Love all spools of any size. Your vignettes are very well styled.

Old Time Cindy said...

What great finds! I didn't score like you did, but was happy to find 2 old mixing bowls for my baking center.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

julie - eab designs said...

I am so coming to shop with you! Amazing finds and I am in love with your chair.

dkshopgirl said...

LOVE your wooden spools ... what a gorgeous blog!!!

Debbie~ said...

I enjoyed your blog post, I too looove the hunt, it's hard to contain myself when I find the perfect treasure!!! Your chair is beautiful, it was a lucky find! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

BECKY said...

Love all your vintage goodies, Sandi! And that silk ribbon is a score for sure!! Your photos are lovely!! The chair...fabulous!!
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Hugs,
Becky

PattieJ said...

Wow! What great finds!! I never find that many good things in one trip.. I can't wait to see what you create with all the goodies! Love the chair too!

Pattie

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love all your finds--especially the chair! I haven't been too lucky lately--but the search continues :)

Shabby soul said...

Great finds darling Sandi! I adore go thrifting too, is the sport I absolutely prefere =)
Hugs
Silvia

Irene said...

Perfection indeed. Love all your goodies, but the CHAIR, (see if would be dangerous if we shopped together)and that postcard YEa!!!!!!!!!!!

Lady Pamela said...

What a haul! Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my laptop - lol. You sure did well. My faves are the books and the chair. Right place at the right time. Exciting, isn't it.
*Hugs*

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Great treasures Sandi!
I have found some beautiful pieces lately, all being saved for the white show!
Off to paint...

All Seasons said...

I see your write on the blog from JDL and I want to take a look on your blog and I like it. I'm a new follower now..
See on my blog, I have write something about the contest from JDL

Very nice to meet you!
Hugs,
Patricia

All Seasons said...

I see your write on the blog from JDL and I want to take a look on your blog and I like it. I'm a new follower now.
See on my blog, I have write something about the contest from JDL

Very nice to meet you,
Hugs,
Patricia

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi... love all your treasures, especially the old spools... reminds me so of when I was a little girl and my mama sewed all of our clothes... you find the best things!... I have not found anything real exciting for some time now... I think it is my turn!... xoxo Julie Marie