Friday, February 22, 2013

Star light...star bright...


...first star I see tonight...
 

...I wish I may...I wish I might...


...have the wish I wish tonight.


wishing love, laughter and warm fuzzies for each one of you.

It is colddddddd here in Michigan and kinda icky out there so no better time
than the present to make some cranberry stars.

I ran across these vintage star molds the other day while digging in a drawer
and I decided I was going to try out what I intended to do a long time ago.
I had a bag of cranberries left over {don't know what they were left over from ,
but we will call them leftover. lol. } in my refrigerator so no time like the present.

 I want to do this for the holidays next year. I would add greenery at the top
of them where the twine hanger fastens on. You could also do this for Valentines
Day, but use heart molds! How fun would that be?? There is only one thing you
really need  to make these and that is COLD WEATHER...FREEZING weather!
ha! You can't do this where it is warm all year round. I guess there are some
perks to freezing half the winter after all. :)

8 comments:

Bente said...

Sooo beautiful. What a great idea.

Have a nice weekend

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That looks adorable!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

What an adorable idea, Sandi! The stars are beautiful and such a fabulous outdoor decoration.
Stay warm and have a happy weekend!
Hugs,
Julia

Donna said...

How pretty! And the fruit will be a nice treat for the birds.

Dorthe said...

They are beautiful, Sandi- a wonderful idea, and looking so great hanging outside from tree branches-like you did here. I may have the cold weather, so will try to keep this lovely idea present next christmas.
Hugs and a happy weekend,dear.
Dorthe

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

How pretty! I really love these.

The Feathered Nest said...

Dear Sandi, these are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I love them so much...sending you warm hugs dear friend, Dawn

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a cute idea (and thanks for the wish)!!