Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Is it Spring yet ???


Please tell me it is just around the corner!
 I am soooooooo ready for Spring this year...are you?


Aren't these nests just beautiful? I picked up this container full at an antique store of
all places!! I would love to know the story behind this collection. I know the cashier
that day thought I was absolutely cracked when I took these up to pay for them,
but that is okay. I am used to people thinking I am a bit strange. lol!


If it can't be Spring outside yet at least it can be inside. I made this burlap banner a week or
so ago. Lighting here is horrible today and I had to use my flash, but at least you get the
idea. 

I even clipped a little fake nest to the banner.  If all my wishing will make Spring arrive
faster, then it should be here tomorrow!!  If only....:)

10 comments:

Dorthe said...

Oh I wish it was, Sandi, especially when seing those WONDERFUL nests you found- a GREAT find-I never saw nests in antique stores here,but have been lucky to find a few in my garden in wintertime.
Love your sweet spring banner too,and wishes you a beautiful weekend,dear.
Hugs,Dorthe

Tricia said...

Those little nests are so cute!! I'm really ready for spring too :)

All Seasons said...

I hope the Spring is coming. I miss the sun!!
Here in Holland it's very cold and grey, I don't like it. We make the sun is shining in our house..

Lovely your pictures!

Have a nice evening
Hugs,
Patricia


Shabby chic Sandy said...

I am ready for spring too--I like to go straight from Christmas to spring--love your banner :)

Createology said...

Your banner and little bird nests treasures are a beautiful tribute to Spring. I hope they welcome it soon. Sunshine Smiles...

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

I hear ya Sandi - I am so ready for spring! Those nests are terrific - what a great find. Love that blue in your banner. :)

June said...

Sandi your burlap banner is so pretty! I have missed so many great posts here that it has been fun to finally catch up with you!
As far as spring being just around the corner...ours seems to be getting further and further away...how 'bout yours :)?

sending hugs...

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I love that you painted the burlap. I am so ready for spring, too. The flowers, the birds singing, the warmer days....sigh....

~Shanon

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Sandi, The nests had been a wonderful find and the spring banner is very pretty.
Hopefully spring is around the corner for you.
Hugs,
Julia

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hello Sandi...I just love the way the shutter is on the window, perfect window treatment! I think I will try this out in my booth makeover, thank you!
Love those little nests!