Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I love Paris!

Okay...no I have never been to Paris, but I know in my heart that I would love it
and I do love it sight unseen!

I haven't had much time {or energy} lately to redo any decor , but I did get the frame
above hung up. I added two vintage french postcards and a new Paris matted photo
along with my vintage french clips and I love how it turned out.

{this photo looks a little wonky, but the frame really IS hanging straight}

A favorite postcard

Aren't these clips wonderful?? I just love them!

I did a treatment on my fake brick wall and also love how it turned out. This wall started out red and
 black brick years ago...you know those sheets of wallboard that you can purchase? Yep this is
one of them.  I painted it cream several years ago and had stenciled ivy on it, but was sick and tired
of the ivy so a couple weeks ago I redid the paint job.

I just kind of made it up as I went along. I did not want to purchase any more paint because we
have partial unused paint cans up the wazoo!! Anyhow...I even used two different sheens.
I think one was eggshell and the other satin. One was a more white and the other a cream. 

First I took a sponge and dabbed on the cream and it was too cream...same with the white
so I just dabbled them together and swirled and twirled and blended and love the result!!
I think it looks like it now has depth which was sadly lacking before. I think I would like
this whole wall done in that , but it isn't going to happen. lol.


I also wanted to show you a FABULOUS chippy, shabby gray and white stand that I
picked up a few weeks ago while visiting my daughter. I just love the PATINA on this!!

I will use it for staging photos etc. so it just had to come home with me.

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!

10 comments:

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Happy WW Sandi! Your framed vignette looks fabulous - I love those clips. Great paint job, and very frugal to use leftover paint. :)

vikki said...

You would love Paris, I have been there only twice and would move there in a heartbeat. Although it has been 10 years since I have been. I neeeeeed to go back. Love your vignette.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Love the frame and what you put in it! That chippy ol' table is just perfect!

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for letting me visit! I have the same color cabnets and table and hutch in my dinning room. I'm really thinking about painting white too. Thanks for the lookcy.
I love your frame with the cards, and especially the french clips.

hugs
cindy@stitches

Eli crea shabby said...

VERY NICE YOUR BLOG!!!
WE LOVE PARIS...
Elisa

dkshopgirl said...

how Gorgeous!!!! Lovely idea and it looks fabulous. xxx

Susie said...

Sandi, In my old house in town ,I had a wall of that fake brick behind the stove and sink area. It just seemed homey to me . I love it. I like the way yours looks...good to use up old paints, I am not afraid to mix them:):) Smiles, Susie

Donna said...

I adore what you did with that wall! Using two tones of paint did give it depth, and you sure can't beat the price of materials, LOL! Oh, and I would love to find a chippy painted table like that! Perfect for photo shoots!

Barbara Jean said...

wonderful!!

where did you get the clips?? first ones, or the others??
thanks and blessings
barb

Unknown said...

The wall came out so well, I would never have guessed it was fake. Those clips on the post cards are fantastic...I will be on the hunt now to see if I can find some.