Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Better late than never!

Since I was in the hospital over Easter weekend it put my moms Easter dinner plans
on hold and we had it this past weekend instead. I wore my pj's almost all week long,
but I actually got dressed to go out to my parents house. I have been doing really well
and I am itching to get out and go antiquing.

We also had an Easter egg hunt for our grands at our house afterwards.
{well four of them anyways...the others couldn't be there} I had white
baskets for all of them to use, but Annika found a colored one that I
guess she liked better! :)

{left to right: Keira, Annika, Kanaan and Ainsley}

{I have been told over and over that Keira is the spitting image of me when
I was young}

We  followed the kids outside with their Easter baskets in hand and were getting
ready for the egg hunt when I noticed that Ainsley{littlest grand} was sound
asleep in her mommy's arms. I so wanted her to be a part of it, but didn't think
that was going to happen when all of a sudden her mommy stood her on
 the ground and she was instantly awake and ready to go!  I am amazed
that she was not grumpy because I would have been had it been me! rofl.

I would say that Kanaan has a full basket already!

Annika with a full basket as well...almost time to head inside.

Keira and Ainsley on the hunt.

You talking to me Uncle Jason??

Daddy helping Kanaan find some more eggs.
{if you look close you can see my reflection in the window}

Keira and Ainsley... Keira was so sweet. A couple times she picked up some
eggs and gave them to Ainsley.  Although Ainsley was awake I think
she was still kinda in a trance. :) I got more photos of her then anyone else
because she was the slowest mover. ha!

This one is mine! :)

All the loot has been found and they are ready to go in the house and open all their eggs.
Kids are sooooo fun!! Love watching them get a thrill out of each and every egg and
 what they find inside.   Later that evening my boys and husband went to a movie
 while my DIL's  and grands stayed back at our house with me. The kids played hide
 the eggs all evening long!!  Who knew that a few plastic eggs could keep little
 ones entertained for hours! More precious memories...:)

6 comments:

Donna Reyne' said...

how adorable!
I am so glad you still got to have your egg hunt!

Anonymous said...

They are your Gift from God ! !
Have a Wonderful Day!!
Marilyn

Pleuntje said...

I am glad that your fine now and thanks to God you are still alive. And your grandchildren are real beauties.
Love Petra

Heaven's Walk said...

What a wonderful gramma you are, Sandi! Your little kidlets are just adorable! Glad to see that you're back on your feet. Now you've just gotta do something about that antiquing bug you've picked up....lol!

xoxo laurie

Shabby chic Sandy said...

What a bunch of adorable Grandchildren you have! Easter egg hunts are always a hit around here too:)

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Oh Sandi...they are all so beautiful!!