Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Can you feel it?



...the love that's in the air?? Christmas is almost here.

Just a few more pics around the house as the magical day approaches. I am ready...are you?
Well...almost ready.  I still haven't gotten much for my parents, but haven't a clue what to buy them.
Happens every year.

I saw this idea in a book that I won from Rosemary over at Ozma of Odds and loved it.
I think I need a taller glass, but for now it works. Pure genius!
I decided to set it in front of my vintage white bottlebrush tree for the photo and love the reflection of the tree in the window. I also added a crinkled seam binding ribbon to the spoon to dress it up a little. You can lift and lower the ladle to light the candle or blow it out.

Same window with my glittery sleigh, candleholder and tree.


Doesn't this sleigh just sparkle? Love it!



tree again, vintage aqua bottle and vintage ornie



This is some of the white decor on my buffet. Sure wish I could find some vintage clock faces around this neck of the woods. I have not seen even ONE...no not one. ha! Well, I take that back. I found a wooden one a while back, but no metal ones at all unless you buy the clock and then tear it apart. :)

  Isn't this a beautiful angel ornament??!!

Bathroom decor...remember my bathroom is very small so I can't do a lot of decorating in there.



I received this precious little handmade booklet in the mail from Marietta over at Sweet Old Vintage. She is sure talented with her hands. I love it! She also sent me an cute little tablet, but I forgot to add the photo...one of these days! :)



I pray you all have a wonderful day and week a head and the most blessed Christmas ever.
Don't forget to celebrate Jesus...the reason for the season.

Will be linking up with White Wednesday again this week.

{still running a sale in my Etsy store...would love to have you stop on over and say hello}


xoxo,
Sandi
{accidentally blew away my signature again...:}
 

26 comments:

marie said...

As always you've shared such lovely photos and wonderful ideas!

The ladle of light is so sweet...I'll be adding something similar to my decor. Thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas and even more so...Happy Birthday Jesus!

Deborah said...

Such beautiful pictures :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Sweet Old Vintage said...

The ladle in the glass is a very cute idea... Hope the holiday is peaceful and lovely for you and your family...

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

What a beautiful post,dear Sandi.
Just love your photos! I'm almost done for Christmas.
Happy WW.
Hugs,
Marie

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Soft, pretty whites and sparkle. I just love all these vignettes, Sandi! Those clock faces are to die for!
Merry Christmas to you and yours,
Susan

fleurcottage said...

LOVE, LOVE the ladle idea & will def use that! btw, i got The Box yesterday & am doing a post on it soon! :)

It's me said...

Beautiful Sandi...love from me....xxx.

x
xxx
xxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
||
||



Fijne Kerstdagen,
Merry Christmas,
Glaedelig Jul,
Merry Christmas,
Joyeux Noel,
God Jul,

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Thank you for sharing your gorgeous decorating ideas! Merry Christmas!

June said...

Your decor is so lovely Sandi, so serene and calming. I love the shot of that darling ornament from Martha. I think all is calm and all is bright at your beautiful cottage.
Thank you for the beautiful card and the tag was perfect for my tree. Thank you for being such a sweet friend.
hugs from here...

Dorthe said...

Sandi, this is a wonderfully beautiful post. all the whites, that so speaks of christmas- the sleigh is fabolous with all the glitter-and the ornament so lovely.
I wish you a very happy christmas, and lovely dayes,
and all the best for 2012.
Hugs,Dorthe

Unknown said...

i just love EVERY single picture here Sandi! Oh my...i've Pinned them ALL! LOL! Your home has some of the most beautiful xmas touches ever! Merry xmas to you and yours !

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Love every snowy white Christmas treasure! Just beautiful!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful photos!

Wishing you a lovely Christmas and blessings for the New Year.

Carolyn

Heaven's Walk said...

I hope that you know that everytime I visit you, Sandi - I always end up Pinning a photo or two. :) Always so inspiring. Always so beautiful! Luv the ladle candle idea..... ♥

xoxo laurie

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love your first few photos so much--you should frame them!

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi... taking some time off this week for my "gift of time" to myself and my family, but I wanted to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!... xoxo Julie Marie

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

These are such beautiful decorations and pictures, Sandi!
Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!
Hugs,
Julia

Anonymous said...

Oooo! So luverly, Sandi!

Now how clever is that spoon/candle idea?! I'm going to try it and improvise with my little white gravy ladle! ♥

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Your decorating and photos are lovely. So calm and serine. I love the spoon and candle in the jar. I think I will have to try that.
Warm Christmas wishes to you.
Barb

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

These photos are just gorgeous!
Pinning and pinning and pinning...

Irene said...

I love your ladle, it's wonderful. All your photos are wonderful,have a great Merry Christmas.

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

God Jul, Sandi -

Very pretty things, thanks for sharing!

xoxo

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are so magical! If the sun ever shines on my side of the world I may be able to share a picture or two.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Abby

Faded Charm said...

I've really been enjoying all your Christmas decor this year... so simple and elegant all at the same time:-)

xoxo
Kathleen

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Everything looks so pretty Sandi! Hope you and yours have a beautiful Christmas!

Hugs,
Judy

Rebecca said...

Sandi you are going to have to give me lessons on my new camera! Can I talk you into it? Your images are just beautiful not to mention your Christmas decor. Loved this post.
Wishing you a most beautiful Christmas
Blessings
RE