Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Are you ready...

...for the holidays? For all the hustle and bustle, happy people, cranky people, the extra lbs. packed on from all the holiday goodies, finding that perfect gift, busy stores with people bumping and jostling, that white stuff that falls from the sky snow? Are you ready??

I am not. Seems like the older I get the faster it seems to arrive each year.  Since we have simplified our gift giving it is not nearly as stressful as in years past, but I am still not ready. We are having Christmas with our children and grandchildren at Thanksgiving so I guess I better get ready huh? It is only 16 days away!


I need to start wrapping gifts for the grands and just get in the Christmas mood. Maybe some fa-la-la music would help?


Yes, the celebrating  is just around the corner...reminds me of an old game ...
ready or not...here I come it comes!

I had to show you some of my recent finds. Aren't these the neatest old suitcases ever...AND they are WHITE! :)

Haven't figured out yet which room they will end up in , but for now they are just sitting on the floor in the dining room.

One has a blue lining and one has RED! Not so fond of red, but at least it is inside. ha!

This is a must have for all of us who love to create. Guess where I found it?? No ...not Hobby Lobby, or Michaels or any other craft store. TJ Maxx!! Can you believe it? It was only $1.99 for this large size. I am just tellin' ya so you can check out your TJ Maxx stores if you so desire.

I purchased three of these old white chippy shutters a few weeks ago and am thinking I need to go and get the other three that I left behind. I am going to do great things with these just you wait and see. lol


My blogger jumbled my photos again so they are not in the right order , but such is the life of a blogger lady. {hee hee} I found the white glittery pinecone garlands at Michaels. The candle is Cranberry Fig, again from TJ Maxx and it smells wonderful! Joining Kathleen again over at Faded Charm for White Wednesday this week.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sandi! Have I ever even seen white suitcases before? At first glance, I thought you must have painted them! What a score!

Yes, go back, get those shutters and then AMAZE us, girl!! :)

We only do stockings for the grands and presents for Micah so, yeah, I'm ready! Bring it on! I have until Christmas eve, though so you better get to hoppin'!

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Thanksgiving huh... you best get that fa la la going... I am making ready... added button to mittens I will be using for money card gifts for Tom's grands this morning... will have then done soon...

Unknown said...

Oh, you are enticing me. Nope! Not going to do a thing until the 23rd. Lovely decor, & those suitcases are fab!
Have a great day, sweet friend ~
Hugs & love,
Marydon

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sandi, everything is soo pretty!... No, I am not ready for Christmas yet!... but your things all look so pretty, it kinda puts me in the mood... love that sparkly glitter!... I am heading to TJ Maxx!... xoxo Julie Marie

Anonymous said...

Hi Ya'!!
We had our first snow last week.... Now today it is in the 60's! Go figure!! LOL!!
Yep, I have started getting out my Holiday Decor...
Marilyn

Irene said...

Love your suitcases, and I know that you don't do red, but it would be a great holiday look, open the suitcase and put things in. I unfortunately store things in suitcases, when my kids empty my house someday they will get wonderful surprises.

Irene said...

I thought I'd haul out my Christmas stuff, but I feel like I teasing mother nature, you know the snow thing. Not quite ready for that. It's very mild here today, and I think my tulips think it's spring. Yup I see green peeking through.

Finally White said...

Hi Sandy,

thanks for your lovely comment!!! I I love your beautiful pictures and can't wait to decorate for christmas!

Have a nice week!
Birgit

Angela said...

I'm ready in my head...now if I can transfer that to my hands...
I love your frosty little pinecones!

BECKY said...

My heart is always ready for this time of the year, even though like you said, it seems to come faster with the passing of time!! Just have to get my tushy in gear, ya know?

Love your photos, Sandi! Just lovely! The pinecone garland is soo pretty!!

Hugs to you!
Hope you're having a wonderful day!
Can't remember if you entered my giveaway yet. Hope you'll pop over and check it out if you haven't!
Becky

Christy said...

love those white suitcases!!!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Pretty new suitcases! I hope you have fun getting ready by Thanksgiving! But I suppose then you can relax and enjoy the rest!

Revi said...

Girlfriend, your post is gettin' me in the MOOD! Love Christmas season. :)
-Revi

Pleuntje said...

Thanksgiving is typical American, we dont have that in the Netherlands. But I guess it is very important to be together with the ones you love. So I wich you luck with the preparing to make your home a warm welcome to all the children and grandchildren. Love Petra

time worn interiors said...

Lots of pretty, pretty white stuff there! And I don't mean snow! I seen a wooly worm the other day and it was all black! :( Old timers say that means we are gonna have a bad winter! Guess we will see!
tot

Shabby soul said...

Hello Sandy I have just discovered your blog and I LOVE it!
I'm a new follower now.
Ps
I discovered YOU already follow me, I'm so happy for that!
have a beautiful day
Silvia

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love the tinsel glitter! TJ Max is great. Everything looks so pretty--I love white holiday decorating!

Amy Kinser said...

Ready or not...you are right. It's almost here for you if you are celebrating at Thanksgiving. Turn your Christmas music up loud and sing away. Have fun getting ready.

Heaven's Walk said...

Looks like you've been doing some fa-la-la-ing in your sweet house, Sandi! :) Love that blingy garland on the shutters! ♥ Yup, you need the other set for sure. Pretty ones like that are hard to come by. And those rusty, silver ornaments made me sigh. :)

xoxo laurie

Faded Charm said...

No, I am not ready.....it comes earlier and earlier every year. I got my window display done, but what am I going to do with my own home????

I think I'm the lucky one's turn to have my family also...ugghhh. I'm afraid that I've grown to dislike the holidays more and more and looking for more simplicity:-)

xoxo
Kathleen

Gayle Page-Robak said...

As each year passes I wonder what "ready" really is. Getting so that I like the peaceful quiet times and less the hustle and bustle. Planning on trying to do more of the first if possible this year. I love everything you have posted...gorgeous! I have joined your followers list and invite you to join my followers list; as well,I hope you will grab a blog button. Hugs, Gayle
http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

Lady Pamela said...

LOVE YOUR SUITCASES! Maybe you can come and visit me now? But after Christmas. My cottage is such a mess! We are re-arranging furniture.
*Hugs*

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Loving both your WW posts today Sandi! This year simplicity will rule again in my home and hope to make all that goes with the holiday a little simpler too!

Miss Gracie's House said...

yikes! I would SO not be ready for Christmas by Thanksgiving but you go, girl! Thanks for the tips for transferring images...I think I am getting it figured out!
Rene

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

I sooo love all your whites! Great glitter find and the suitcases are awesome, as are the beautiful stars!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents