Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A *foodie* weekend

We were at our daughter and son-in-laws house over the weekend to watch our 12 year old granddaughter sing in a group and while we were there we were showered with amazing food.
Our son-in-law made these cinnamon raisin biscuits from scratch and they were delicious and so flaky!!
I have some in the refrigerator and I am thinking about getting one out to eat...what do you think?
I am trying to be good because I ate enough sugar while we were there! lol

Then he made the best ever chicken alfredo...made the sauce from scratch too. {I am still trying to find a box of scratch in the grocery store, but can't seem to. It keeps eluding me}

french bread...yep made by him from scratch too

He also made the noodles!!!! I don't even make noodles. I told him that he should quit his corporate job and open a restaurant.  All the food was amazing and so delicious!! Thank you so much Matthew!! 

I think Joshua thought so too...lol.


I am very thankful to be home and I hope to stay home for the next several weekends. Traffic was awful on the way home and we have been running around just way too much.  It is starting to wear on me. Yes, I am even tired of shopping if you can imagine that. {however I did find several of those amazing "french" towels from Target!}  Throw in some family problems and I am just plain worn out. Prayers would be appreciated please.


PS I forgot to tell you that he made homemade cinnamon rolls too! YUMM!

5 comments:

Elyse said...

mmmmm ...

wishing you some rest and sending good wishes

xo
elyse

ps
what french towels? SCREECH! must scroll and see ...

Marietta said...

Sandi... your son in law is a keeper... that is very unusal for someone in that age group to want to actually make nourishment for themselves and others... WOW... everything just looks wonderful.... No fast food here....

Anonymous said...

Please print, your son-in-law's recipe, for the raisin biscuts, incase it's different. You and your family will be in my prayers. Smiles, Susie

Irene said...

Wonderful weekend, but rest up now.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Sending hugs and prayers to you and my blessing to go eat those sweets!