Wednesday, June 16, 2010

White Wednesday

Here it is Wednesday again and I find
myself not prepared. Where, oh where
are these days going?? I know I haven't a
clue where they have flown off to. I just
know that somehow I am getting farther
and farther behind.

Believe it or not , at the beginning of the season
this planter had a beautiful light pink tiny petunia
basket inside it and it was just spilling all over the edge
and looked wonderful...that is until I got ahold of it.

I yanked it out today and replace it with this impatien
hanging basket. I did put some fertilizer in the
petunia basket so we will see if that helps it any.
I sure hope so.

The little petunia plant is sitting on my step now and
you can see the tiny flowers in the background of
this photo and the second photo as well.

I would love to tweak my photos and add effects as so
many of you are doing, but with my slow dial up internet,
it is just not possible. I can't wait for the day I can play with
my photos though.

Speaking of...we decided to bite the bullet and pay a little more
for a high speed that we could get. Contacted them, thought for
sure it would not be a problem as we only live 3 miles from their
nearest tower. It was not to be. The problem ? Weak reception
because of a tree somewhere...grrr. We could not believe
it ...I think we are destined to be on dial up forever.

At any rate...HAPPY WHITE WEDNESDAY.
Be sure and visit Kathleen over at Faded Charm
for more WW posts.
Blessings~

14 comments:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

I know what you are saying about the interent... They say a tree is what as been causing me my problem also... I still am able to have it however... Certainly they can place a tower where the tree doesn't effect... hum...keep looking...

Anonymous said...

Oh Sandi! That white wicker basket is so cute! I've never seen such a round peice of wicker!

Ah, the mysteries of Internet connections! Just when I thought I was really understanding computers, we bought a laptop! I still haven't tried hooking it up here in the new house! ♥

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Sandy......
We have had Roadrunner for years & love it. Don't regret high speed at all!!
Hugs,
Marilyn

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Sandi, I love your photos just the way they are, really lovely color and crispness to them. Your wicker flower basket is gorgeous and in beautiful shape. I love impatiens. They work great for gardeners like me, who have a brown thumb. Thanks so much for putting the link to the giveaway on your sidebar!!
xo,
Debra

Debbie said...

What a beautiful wicker basket! So pretty with your flowers. We recently switched to wireless, and love it! Hope you can get it worked out soon with your service.
LOVE your blog!
Debbie@houseatthelake

June said...

Sandi your pictures are gorgeous!!! You are certainly making great use of your new camera. So awesome.
I feel your pain on the dial up thing. I was on it for years and it is so frustrating to not have any choices. We are now on a tower, but it can be spotty at best.
I love the sweet planter and blooms.
How the heck are you anyway. I feel as though I am losing touch with everybody, now that Summer is here. Even when you don't here from me...know that I cherish our friendship.
hugs

Victoria said...

I lost track of time last week and didn't do a WW post so this week I put it up on Monday!

I love your wicker basket, that is so pretty. Sorry about your dial up...darn tree!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Sandi! Happy WW! Love that pretty wicker planter! Sweet pinks in it!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Donna said...

There is a solution for you! Download Photoscape to edit your photos! It is free and pretty easy to use.

http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

★Carol★ said...

You have my sympathies for your dial-up dilemma! You need to find that tree and cut it down!
I loooove that wicker planter, and those impatiens look gorgeous in there! I've always had problems with petunias getting all leggy by the end of the summer, so I don't even buy them anymore. They sure are pretty though!
Happy White Wednesday!
Carol

Amanda at 32˙North said...

Hi Sandi,

Aren't impatiens just the greatest flowering plants? I love how they reseed themselves so abundantly.

Amanda

Miss Gracie's House said...

Oh, I hear ya...I don't think I'll really ever get caught up! Oh, well...let's just keep on trying:)
bummer about the internet...and the photo editing...I so understand...when I got my new laptop it was so much faster...almost instant...I couldn't believe it!

I've enjoyed my visit, getting caught up...that strawberry jam looks so good...I love freezer jam...tastes just like fresh!
Rene

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Send the Axmen in!! Love that little wicker basket!! Happy WW!

Sheila Rumney said...

I love your white wicker. So summer and beautiful. Thanks for popping by and saying hi. Love your bottle creations and enjoying your blogs.

Have a great day.

Blessings,

Sheila