Thursday, May 27, 2010

A little garden therapy

Oh my goodness has it been hot here
the past few days! You would think it is the middle of summer, but
I digress...

Don't you just love this wheeled metal cart? When I picked it up for $2.00 at a garage sale
last week my intentions were to use it in my booth...
Until today
when I decided my deck looked pretty pathetic
and it needed something to snazz it up.

I love how it looks and it will probably
never go to my booth now.

I had fun adding this and that and the other. lol.

My best friend gave me these garden soaps probably two
years ago now and I still have not used them all,
but I sure do love them!!

You can just catch a glimpse of my white chair off to the
side of this picture. No fancy pictures here today
...just regular point and shoot.

I also remembered that I had some cream colored burlap so I cut a piece and threw it on the top.

I love this clay rosemary pot too! I actually purchased it with a rosemary plant in it a few
years ago and I just love it....chippy paint and all.

The asparagus fern over to the left side wintered over
in my potting shed! I could not believe it when I
saw green this spring. I need to add some flowers
around it.

I want to wish each of you and fun and safe Memorial Day
weekend. I probably won't be posting again until next week
so I can enjoy some fun with family.

Be safe and be blessed~

17 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

I think you've found the perfect home for your new cart, Sandi--it's perfect there!

Hope you're having a lovely evening!

Julie

stefanie said...

oh, yeah, its a keeper!!! looks soooo good.

thesimpledaze said...

Sandi,your little white cart looks adorable.It is definitely a keeper.I too was just thinking about planting some herbs in some of my old clay pots this weekend for my patio.Now after seeing your rosemary pot I think I might paint a couple of mine and write the name of the herb.Have a great holiday weekend.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

There are a few of those carts at the shop...what a cute idea!! Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ya'!!
I have a cart like that that my Hubby found at a Flea Market...He painted it red & it is in my kitchen holding my microwave & my vintage mixer etc!!
Great idea for a garden stand!!
Have a Wonderful Holiday Weekend!
Marillyn
xxoo

Kathy said...

The cart looks great there! you've done a terrific job accesorizing it!
Kathy

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Gorgeous pots! Love them! Thanks for the summery post! Blessings.

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Sandi... Enjoy your weekend... I will miss your posts..... Do something you love....

Unknown said...

the cart on your porch looks very sweet...and a sweet spot to "sit and rest a spell." i hope you get the chance to do just that this memorial day weekend! :)

Stella said...

Great cart. You just jogged my memory. I also have one tucked away I had in my antique booth. I am going to copy you and use my plants. Love the idea. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Sandy, sweet friend ... the tea art is absolutely PERFECT for your lovely porch ... & you have dressed her so sweetly. Love the pot names ...

Have a lovely & safe holiday weekend.
Hugs of love, Marydon

Unknown said...

Sandi the cart is a great find. I definitely think it needs to stay at home with you.
Have a great weekend sweetie.
hugs

Vicki Boster said...

Sandi - this is just adorable and you should just leave it setting right there on your deck!

Vicki

Donna said...

What a great looking cart, and you had it decorated in no time flat, LOL. Can't beat the price!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Sandi
Thanks for entering my giveaway

I love your rosemary plant.. It is interesting you chose to post this for Memorial Day as rosemary is the plant associated with our [aussie] Remembrance Days....

Have a lovely weekend.. xx Julie

Miss Gracie's House said...

That little cart is too cute...I think I have one out in the barn...now I'm gonna have to go find it! Hope you are having a marvy weekend and your daddy is doing well.
Rene

Anonymous said...

love your sweet cart! I agree...Michigan is far to hot right now! Enjoying the breeze this morning before it starts being unbearable again! Have a wonderful Memorial Day! :)