Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wintery White Wednesday~

when i no longer thrill to the first snow of the season,
i'll know i'm growing old.
-lady bird johnson

snow
has arrived in michigan
a light dusting that fell ever so gently on rooftops and houses
soft as an angels wings ~
in the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
snow had fallen, snow on snow,snow on snow,
in the bleak midwinter, long ago.

angels and archangels may have gathered there,
cherubim and seraphim thronged the air,
but his mother only, in her maiden bliss,
worshipped the beloved with a holy kiss.

what can i give him, poor as i am? if i were a shepherd , i would bring a lamb;
if i were a wise man, i would do my part;
yet what i can i give him,
i give him my heart.
-christina rossetti, 1862

Please visit Kathleen over at Faded Charm
for more lovely White Wednesday posts~

blessings~

9 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

Beautiful snowy images and one of my favorite poems/carols...thank-you for a lovely start to my day!

Donna said...

How lovely!

Anonymous said...

A fresh snow is so lovely! Ours is all melted now except for frozen, dirty chunks here and there. NOT so lovely! ♥

Sweet Old Vintage said...

I love the little sled....

Donna Reyne' said...

I love the garden statues...Covered in snow!
There is something very magical about the garden in the Winter...peacful and serene.
This is such a lovely post...I am so glad I stopped by!
Have a wonderful Wednesday...donna

Miss Gracie's House said...

Love that first quote...and of course, the second one too...lovely pics...lucky you...we're still waiting!
Rene'

June said...

It's beautiful at your house Sandi!
Too cold to snow here. It was -3 this morning. Thank you for sharing your beautiful whites with me today...and the poem, ever so lovely.
Hugs~

Faded Charm said...

Great photos today Sandi. Enjoy the snow while it lasts and I hope you are enjoying this holiday season. Thanks for playing along.

Kathleen

Fete et Fleur said...

Ethereal post. I love your delicate photos. You have captured the first snow fall beautifully.

Hugs!
Nancy