Monday, April 20, 2009

A Gift for Someone Special ~

I put a lovely gift together for my Mom on Mothers Day last year and she just loved it.
I started with an antique sewing drawer and painted it a very light pink color and added a beautiful rose decal . Then I filled it with all kinds of goodies ~
I started with pink tissue paper and then added Bath and Body shower gel, Room spray in a rose scent from Home Goods that smelled just like old fashioned roses... 2 antique plates to go with the rest of her collection, a dvd (I think it was Anne of Green Gables, but I don't remember which one)...
I finished it off with a beautiful pink flower that she could plant...it was a hit and I enjoyed putting this all together for her~
I have an idea in the works for this year, but I am not quite
sure how it will all come together. I will have fun
trying though. Have a wonderful Monday ~
Blessings ~

2 comments:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Morning Sandi.. You have a morning indoors I am sure to let your ideas come together. The drawer was really a clever idea.

Amanda Kaake said...

What a gorgeous idea! I'm hoping to come up with a wonderful idea for my mother;) Have any suggestions - you and her are so much alike. lol