Saturday, September 27, 2008

Angels Among Us

I love this angel piece in my home and looking at her reminded me of the kindness of strangers and reaffirmed to me that there are angels among us.

I have heard stories of people pulling up to a fast food restaurant window to pay for their food and the person at the window saying, "Put your money away because the person in the vehicle ahead of you paid for your food". Of course I thought it was a neat idea, but then didn’t think much more about it until it happened to us a few months ago. We were shocked that a complete stranger would do this for us.

I want to challenge each and every one of you to try this. You won’t believe the blessings you will get from it and you can be sure that the person who is the recipient will be talking about it for a long time. In this world of ours where kindness seems very slim at times and with our unstable economy just think how you can bless someone by doing this! I will end with this quote:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle".

Have a wonderful day! Sandi

2 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

These random acts of kindness speak VOLUMES don't they, Sandy??? I love them ~...xxoo, Dawn

My Petite Maison said...

This is wonderful. Everyone indeed has a "story" to tell. It's sometimes hard to remember it in this hectic world, but one little act of kindness can someone's day around in an instant. Thank you for sharing. Love the angel in your home too, it's beautiful.
~Tracie